Twofivesix is a marketing agency that focuses on games, play and interactivity. We are looking for a junior strategist to execute strategy projects and support the agency in all things research. The junior strategist is an all-purpose strategy staffer capable of owning a variety of tasks across agency functions. This person dependably sees projects through to their conclusion and is able to help across fields, including client interfacing, creative development, and, most importantly, strategic roadmapping. In particular, we are looking for someone with a strong point of view and/or expertise in relevant Kill Screen fields: interactivity, games, VR, and most importantly, ties to broader culture, including sports, art, design, entertainment and beyond.
You will work up to running your own strategy projects under the direction of a Strategist. Your responsibilities will run the gamut and will include tasks like conducting desk research, interviewing experts, running surveys, developing strategic briefs, and brainstorming creative concepts.
You are self-motivated and inquisitive. Your curiosity is not limited to the world of gaming, rather you look for patterns and seek to understand how the world works.
You can see our work here.
- Learner. First and foremost, you are someone who keeps your eyes open and love to learn, both in and out of the gaming world. You pay attention to how things work and can connect the dots from seemingly disparate places. You are excited to learn new methods and tools and are eager to apply them in your next project.
- Researcher. You are resourceful and will pursue a research thread to the end. You utilize the digital tools available to you to find and can piece together relevant information with short timelines. You can distill a large volume of information into clear, compelling insights. You are a great listener and can read between the lines to absorb what people say and don’t say. You like to read and enjoy going down a rabbit-hole of information.
- Strategic. You’re a critical thinker. You are practiced at using the information you have at your fingertips to develop a strong rationale to support an argument or recommendation. You are able to see both the big picture and the little details that lead to insight. You are constantly developing and testing your hypotheses. You challenge your own thinking as much as you challenge others’.
- Self-Directed. Once you’re given a clear task and goal, you’re able to run with it. You’re not afraid to try something out and see what works and what doesn’t work. When given a new tool to use, you can figure out the mechanics and quirks and might even teach others how to use it. You naturally seek to streamline processes and think about how to improve. If you don’t know the answer, you Google it yourself, develop an approach, and create a path where there wasn’t one.
- Writer: You write with clarity, style and organization. You are able to express concepts with compelling language and build a powerful case to explain and defend your work. From survey questions to a presentation deck, you are able to take on different writing styles and tones depending on who your audience is. You double-check your work and don’t put out any typos.
- Versatile. We are a small and scrappy company, so that means you will have to handle multiple projects and will have to wear many hats! You’re quick on your feet and are able to adapt to changing priorities and needs.
- Must be comfortable with digital communications tools including, but not limited to, Slack, Asana, G Suite, and Airtable.
- You have demonstrated success in crafting narratives, writing critically, and presenting work both verbally and visually
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken
- Ability to organize information, prioritize, have attention to detail, and accurately follow procedures
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently in team environments.
- You are super collaborative, both with internal teams and partners/clients
This is a full-time position at a marketing agency with competitive cash, great health and dental insurance, good perks, smart people with a proven track-record, and designated time every day to play and explore games with the rest of the team.
It's worth noting, we're not "gamers" at Kill Screen, although we love games and play! So if you have a stereotype of who belongs at a game company or are worried that you don't play enough, don't worry! There's no Super Mario Kart test. We just want someone who sees the same potential and possibility for play as we do. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.
One more thing: We know there are great candidates who may not fit into what we’ve described above, or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
If you're curious about what kind of company we are, check out our vision statement.