Public Relations Manager
Twofivesix is a marketing agency that focuses on games, play, and interactivity. We are looking for a PR manager to help grow the business through strategic communications, and growing the image of the Twofivesix brand.
You will be responsible for helping us develop a stronger presence in the world outside of games through a couple of key initiatives. You will help the CEO acquire speaking arrangements at key industry functions and help guide the messaging at those events. You will plan local events to build our brand and market our strategy and research documents. You will help acquire bylines in relevant publications and outlets to add visibility to our work. The goal ultimately is to bring new business to the table.
You are an excellent communicator and are able to take ideas and turn them into concrete messages. You think quickly on your feet and bring new concepts and approaches. You work well in teams and can serve in a cross-functional role with others.
- Articulate. You are persuasive, presenting information across a variety of sources clearly, and with conviction. Framing insights in simple language, building a strong rationale for strategic recommendations, and crafting compelling stories are all practically second nature for you. And you present yourself with confidence, professionalism, authority, and humility. You can capture a room without feeling the need to own it, creating a space for creativity and dialog.
- Opportunistic. With one eye always on the future, you anticipate opportunities for new ways to engage our target audience. and develop internal and client relationships that foster trust and promote the teams' services and expertise to help capture new opportunities.
- Creative. You value creativity and are excited about the creative process—comfortable with the fact that creativity is strange, intangible, and often hard to understand You know how to Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
- Versatile. We’re small and scrappy so that means can handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations—all the while taking ownership of the quality of each of your own deliverables. You know how to effectively partner with and influence internal teams while managing complex cross-functional relationships in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Ability to develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget, and tactics
- Experience pitching new ideas to media and event planners
- Event planning experience preferred
- 2-4 years experience in PR; agency experience preferred, startup experience a plus
- Exceptional media relations skills and media contacts across national consumer press and blogs; with tech press relationships a plus
- Track record of leading creative consumer-facing PR campaigns that have made a demonstrable impact on product or content awareness, traffic or sales
- Strong pulse on entertainment and cultural events, as a well as evergreen consumer PR opportunities/trends
- Excellent writing skills with a strong grasp of voice and tone
- Demonstrated experience leveraging social media as part of overall PR strategy
- Strong verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively represent Twofivesix
- Games experience is not required. There's no Mario Kart test!
This is a contract position at a marketing agency with competitive cash, great health and dental insurance, good perks, smart people with a proven track-record, and designated time every day to play and explore games with the rest of the team.
- Unlimited paid time off with a two-week minimum per year
- Flexible work schedule; open to remote work
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our clients, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Twofivesix, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
If you're curious about what kind of company we are, check out our vision statement.